Friday, June 21, 2013

Skyfort-preliminary assembly and a problem

While working on some of the pre-assembly bits and pieces, we encountered our first problem. When attaching the metal handles to the ladder, 3 of the 4 lag bolts split the wood on the rails.  I called the number on the instruction booklet the next day.  I only had to hold a few moments before a real human answered, a native english speaker.  He was friendly and quick and knowledgeable.  We got replacement boards sent out with no hassle and at no cost.  He also suggested drilling out the holes for the lag bolts a bit.  They used to mention this in the instructions, but may or may not anymore.  Even though the holes are "predrilled", drill them out anyways to avoid splitting problems.

As far as customer service goes, this ranks far better than most places I deal with, included places I have to pay for things for.  I'm quite surprised and thrilled with the experience.

So far we have the rock wall, bay windows, mini  obs. deck, monkey bars, and the small roof assembled.  The only two things left are the slide and the swing beam extender, then the real assembly begins this Saturday.  I have some help coming over for that, since our two small children will not really allow me to help without some assistance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment