Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The adventures of Skyfort II-early work

Yes, it's true, we actually ordered the Skyfort II from Sam's Club, and it arrived a couple of weeks ago.  At least our toddler is not quite old enough to know it's taking us so long to actually get started.  What can I say, we're busy.  We've got a garden that needs attention, and two kids that need even more attention.

We got all of the wood sprayed/rolled, coated with Thompson's Water Sealer.  That took a long time.  It took even longer to dry, but in the long run, it will make the set last longer and look better.  It's worth the effort, I know how they girls will love it.

We were out of town for the weekend, so nothing's been done for a while.  Last night I needed a break from my beautiful, but screaming children, so I volunteered to go out and sort the wood pieces.  They're all numbered with alphanumeric codes, which I checked the manual for and sorted into steps.  It took a little while to make my reference sheet and sort the piles, but I know it will be much less frustrating once we start building.

In addition to the separate assemblies listed at the start of the directions, there are a few additional pieces you can pre-assemble from the general instructions, so I plan on working on those first.

I will update again later when I get time to actually work on it.  You know how I love assembling things, that's why I've got a soft spot for IKEA furniture.

I have photos, I'll share those too when I get them off of my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment