Monday, November 19, 2012

30's > 20's

It's not just simple mathematics.  The 30ths are definitely greater than the 20's.  To be honest, my 20's just kinda sucked.  And I spent almost all of them in a relationship and marriage that ended unpleasantly.  I never guessed though, that my 30's would be so great.

Today I turned 33 years old.  When I was 29, I was divorced, living with my parents, looking for an apartment, and looking for a job someplace far far away from my ex.  Maybe a few thousand miles, or another continent away. 

Today I'm happily married to a sane man.  We have a 2.5 month old and an almost 2 year old, both beautiful intelligent girls.  I quit my job to stay with them, and occasionally work freelance writing jobs when I want something to do and some extra cash.

So, Happy Birthday to me!  And Hoorah! that Apple Barn Winery ships to my state, since my husband apparently ordered me a case for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment