Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Political Madness

In a fit of political responsibility and parental madness, I took my two daughters to vote with me yesterday.  Two months old, and 23 months old.  It took my so much longer to get them ready, load them up, drive there, and unload them, then it did for me to vote.  I hiked into the polls, obeying the no cell phone sign, as much as I wanted someone to photograph how ridiculous I probably looked.  A two month old strapped to my chest, fussing, and a nearly two year old warily eying everyone around her, while I held onto her coat hood to keep her from sprinting off toward the sticker guy.

My two year old LOVES stickers.  And all three of us were rewarded with stickers upon finishing.  Somehow I think I earned more than a sticker for pulling this off without a world-ending meltdown by any party involved.

I'll refrain from mentioning who I voted for.  I think everyone has had enough of political fights lately.  I was just relieved this morning, to be able to turn on the tv and not see political ads.  I had chocolate cake, and celebrated this little victory. 

In a related note, both little girls are sleeping AT THE SAME TIME, so I managed to finish my cookbook, only one year late.  Now to print it out and give it to everyone for Christmas.  Oh don't worry, they're getting real presents too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment