Tuesday, November 20, 2012

More About Food

This year has been a love hate year for food.  I just some something funny on the news about Cincy Chili and got to thinking about it.

I spent the first 8 months hating everything edible.  Thanks to a very long pregnancy.  I couldn't even eat seafood, my favorite, or think of it without puking.  Since my little overdue princess was forced into the world, I have managed to get in my fill, both from my favorite sushi place, and my own stovetop, grill, and deep fryer.

I finally finished compiling my favorite recipes into one book, so I can print it out to keep in the kitchen.  My laptop is just not safe being a cookbook.  I'm a very messy cook.  Not that I mind, I mean who wouldn't want to be covered in their favorite foods every evening at dinner time? 

Even with two small children, I promise this year I'd dust off my brain and cook real food to bring to thanksgiving dinner.  It's been years since I made a pie with a crust I didn't buy from Walmart, I'm sorry to admit.  Hopefully this will turn out well, sweet potatoes are fresh from my garden, so it can't be that bad.  I've never used the other recipe, an old one handed down from my husband's 93 year old Kentucky grandmother, who's recently passed. But something that's endured time that long must be delicious.

Happy Thanksgiving, and Happy Eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment